Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug Rx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho View Post
Could be, if the dealership is large, or if your sales advisor had been out sick. Once I ordered a CLS63, and when I went to pick it up it had a receipt from Lowe's on the passenger seat floor. Turns out they had lent it overnight to a "very good customer" so he could try it out.
Exactly why I want to check the mileage. I'm debating at what mileage I should just completely reject the car! Everyone knows that when people test these cars out, they are hard on them. I know I was hard as hell when I test drove the 13'.

Any thoughts on what mileage you guys would reject car?
It shouldn't have more than single digits coming from the factory, I guess maybe sometimes 15 tops. If that thing is in the 20's or more, someone went for a cruise or there was a problem with it somewhere along the way that led to extra testing being needed. But before canceling and starting your wait all over again, I would get the facts and decide if it's really worth going through it all twice. I don't care if it was POTUS, if some dealer let some other customer "borrow" do anything more than look at my brand new, custom ordered car, at any price point, I'd be pissed. Test drive would piss me off, let alone an overnight test drive. If you buy off the lot, you assume it was driven. Custom order should be pristine on principle alone.
Appreciate 0