View Single Post
      09-27-2017, 10:06 PM   #11
DuSh
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahiljain22 View Post
Thanks for this. Although mine were plastidipped before, I am gonna take them out to do a better job. Were you able to put these back on without much trouble?
Putting in ideally requires to push 2 tabs on the T head (I circled them on attached picture) using your finger from behind - which I was able to easily do on one side (where I have open mesh grill), but on the other side mesh is closed for some reason and I'm still going to think how to put it in so it will click
Right now it's holding in, but I didn't hear click - so I'm guessing I need to somehow do it

P.S I used plastidip on my previous e90 328i on front bumper grill and trim and I found out that after 2-3 weeks it's all started to look weathered with pitted dots and started peeling. So I abandoned plastidip after that. This time I just bought a $10 gloss black paint (universal can) and a clear coat can. Used a $4 sandpaper and it took me easy 1.5 hours in bathroom to paint these T trim pieces. I used a plastic garbage bag on the floor to avoid overspray and I did 3 coats of black and 1 coat of clear. 10-15 minutes in between coats. Looks good and matches black trim on the x5
Will post pics as soon as I'm done with it
Attached Images

Appreciate 3