Private First Class
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 40d,Porsche 911 Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyde
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnikolov View Post
Just had my front passenger door pop open while driving 70mph on the highway with my son on the back. My car is built on Nov 8th 2014 and I've just had it for 14 days now. Also it only has like 400 miles on it.

Should I wait for it to happen again or should I immediately take it to dealer? This is ridiculous, part of the reason I pay the bmw premium is for safety of my child!

Was passenger door opened and closed prior to driving off? How long between taking off and door opening? Just trying to make a connection between doors popping and not being closed properly. Another theory is that the soft close did not have time to properly close the doors by the time alarm/lock was engaged (last time vehicle was parked), so next time we started driving it just lets loose at a random point where it no longer can hold the door shut.
The door was opened and closed with softclose around 20 minutes before that happened. I opened it to adjust the front seat so that my son does not kick its back. I drove away like 15 minutes after that and the door popped open just after I hit the highway some 5 minutes after that.

I know I didn't slam it and sofclose close it as it was in my garage and there is no space to slam the door there.
Retired - 2011 F10 550i xDrive
Appreciate 0