mvigod
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pillpusher84 View Post
Best I've found in our area is Thompson BMW just north of Philly @ $1250 over invoice (Costco Auto program) (6.75% off MSRP)

Open Road in Edison offered 5% off MSRP
BMW Bloomfield offered me 5.125% off MSRP

BMW Bridgewater are a bunch of clowns ... they tried to get me to pay sticker for my '14 550xi ($89k) ... I got it @ Open Road Edison for $80,250 + $3k BMW NA incentives ... so basically for $77,250!
I don't understand how Bridgewater does much business with this strategy. Then again it may be self fulfilling. Try to sell at MSRP or close to it. Lose many deals. Lower sales means smaller allocations. Smaller allocations means they want to get as much as possible for every car so they wait for that one buyer for their limited inventory. Round and round it goes.

I'll check out Thompson. I have heard they are good and I have Costco as well. Nice deal BTW on that 550xi.

Back in November of '13 the only dealer that would give me ANYTHING off MSRP for my M5 was Open Road (I knew somebody there). Spoke to 5 other dealers in NJ and each told me MSRP or no deal (2 wanted over MSRP!). Wish I had just a little patience & waited 6 months as the deals last summer and especially now are incredible on the M's. Definitely pays to wait and to shop around a little
Appreciate 0