View Single Post
      09-19-2014, 01:11 PM   #40
Ray knight
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: LBB F85 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42pilot View Post
Close - 38 psi. To give you an idea of how high that is, my Powerstroke (stock) is 25 psi (400 hp, 775 lb ft) and my Porsche was 14 psi (525 hp, 495 lb ft). Any more than the numbers I've shown, and the heads would have lifted.

Also, there is no difference between stock and with the Racechip. The chip does not modify the boost.
Haha thats NUTS!!!! Wow. I remember running my Evo X at 25psi and it was right on the edge. So the chip does not add boost at all? Just fuel pressure? I'm still trying to figure out what its actually doing. No doubt i feel the increase in performance and it sure feels like its adding at least 10psi! Then again its just feeding the common rail signal so i guess it cannot really change anything other than fuel pressure? So with more fuel pressure and the same boost you would think it would just run too rich and if thats the case would actually be a safer tune than the stock tune. Have you checked EGT with and without the tune by any chance? You would think that with more fuel it would be a lower EGT no? I have never messed with diesels this is my first but i've built many many turbo gas cars.
Appreciate 0