11-22-2013, 06:00 PM   #2
pillpusher84
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 550xi M-Sport Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblue99 View Post
I have a 335i that I bought several years ago. I'm currently shopping for an X5 for the mrs. I'm considering all my options, including leasing. I have never leased a BMW before, but have leased other makes. The lease acquisition costs have been around $500.

The BMW lease acquisition cost is $950 and there is also the documentation fee of $350. This is well over $1,000 in fees (in other words, hefty profit, even after deducting the administrative salaries and detailers). I challenged these costs and the sales guy gave me the "yeah, it's the bank fee and we don't get any of that." Anyway, I called BMW Financial Services and asked them about this $950 fee. They told me clearly that it is 100% dealership fee.

Please don't get me wrong as we're in the capitalistic society so I don't fault people (even dealerships) for making money. But don't lie to my face.

Before I confront them, want to get an idea if anyone had any luck negotiating these fees down?
If you are shopping the clowns at Open Road ... keep driving ... go to Freehold or JMK ... much better to negotiate with.

I am not quite ready to lease my X5 yet ... 535 lease is up on April ... but I have been shopping a few dealers in central NJ & it seems the going discount at this point is 6% off of MSRP ... I'm confident that by April I can get between 8-9% off MSRP. plus incentives & CCA rebate ... also both ofthose dealers don't have as high of BS fees as Open Road .... $200 vehicle prep fee ... you kidding me .... my detailer charges $200 ... and we both know the prep guy isn't spending more than 20 minutes on the exterior
Appreciate 0