View Single Post
      02-15-2022, 04:07 PM   #41
EuroCarFan
Captain
Rep
Drives: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post
See my response to the Klassen F85 ad. I called them out there. Same losers trying to scam us.

I said it before and Ill say it again. The forum need to step up their game and start mandating payment types as well as pictures for the ads and contact info, or else this will continue.

And as buyers/consumers we need to get back to the days where we actually converse with people to feel them out.

And check out that ad because you have longtime "members" trying to prove us wrong and defend the scammers. The problem could be bigger than we realize!
There were only two people on that thread that "defended" the OP of that thread, with me being one of them so are you insinuating something negative about me in your sentence about "long time "members" defending scammers"? As stated there, I was giving that OP the benefit of the doubt and another member said he was texting with that OP directly. I wasn't defending scammers. If the OP of that thread is indeed a scammer then I've been fooled too.

I've actually been scammed before when I posted a WTB thread for a stealth hitch. Someone PM'ed me with a number of someone selling one for $300. I was so excited that I Venmoed that person right away and almost the instant I clicked send, I had a bad feeling. As luck would have it, someone else PM'ed me saying he had one to give away and I found a friend who lived near him to pick it up.

Anyway, I know you're trying to alert the community here and I've done it before as well but I also try to look at a poster's history and such before making assumptions. Agree that we all have to be vigilant and maybe the mods/admins need to send out a warning message to all members and do it through PM in case people don't see a post here.
Appreciate 1
Logical212.50