09-17-2023, 10:35 AM   #103
GotV8?
Captain
Rep
Drives: Jerez E92 M3 ZCP "12"

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilled View Post
Let us know what you find. I'm at 32K and kind of want to do it out of boredom.
Sorry for late post...been busy with work and family life... forgot to update everyone...I finally got a chance to follow OPs instructions and had a chance to do my 50k oil change with a help of my friend... we accomplished everything with the use of 4 ramps and jack stands..... everything was straight forward...after we got everything off...I did have some slack on my chain ... I had my friend slowly tighten the chain while I was was feeling the tension with my hands...we both worked together to get it to where there was no longer any slack and he was able to do almost a 360 degree turn on the ratchet "we decided to measure the full rotation of the ratchet itself with the handle facing the front of the car...while he was turning and tighting it slowly at 15 degree intervals...I was wiggling and feeling the slack of the chain: with the front of the car being 12 O'clock we got to 11:50" which there was zero slack and a tight feel: if you were to think about a face of a clock. Super glad we took care of this....will definitely recheck this again when I hit 100k miles... IMO... will do it every 50k interval for the peace of mind as a preventative for myself. It wasn't really that difficult...just another maintenance to add to the list.
Appreciate 0