View Single Post
      01-06-2017, 02:16 PM   #44
philsbm
Rep
Drives: X5 M50D

Quote:
Originally Posted by S114MON View Post
Thanks Sak83 - very useful indeed.
On my Dec 16 order that I placed, I've been charged extra for 488M alloys, Reversing Camera, and multi functional instrument panel, and the cost of the M Sport package is much higher than the UK configurator, with these new changes. So there's some conversations to be had with the dealership! I guess I may need to offset the cost of removing these spec changes against an increase in the list price from Jan 17, so it may end up being 6 and two 3's.
Gtechniq quotes I've had range from £725 to £1150 so far. But it's the detailers' facilities and approach that seem important too.
Let me know how you get on with the knee pads from Cotswolds BMW. Interested to hear if they'll fit them too, although it's a bit of a trek for me.
I had my detailing done by Bradley, near Reading. Concours detailing. he is a master at this and will give you a good quote to do the outside, inside, glass and wheels. Two really important things for you guys still waiting for your car. 1. Ask the dealer to NOT touch the car, even wash it, just remove the plastic protection. If the dealer touches it it just adds swirl marks and adds to the correction time. 2. When you have it detailed its important to get the right kit, pre-wash snow foam, shampoo and drying towels.

https://www.facebook.com/Concoursdetailing1/?fref=ts

Last edited by philsbm; 01-06-2017 at 02:22 PM.. Reason: more info
Appreciate 0