07-28-2017, 05:43 PM   #135
clemsonee
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs11 View Post
I don't have an issue with the temp or airflow - but in western NY we only have a few days a year into the 90s. I love it cold and I have been saitisfied. I do have two questions:

1) in the AM when I leave for work (X5 is in garage), the air blows very cold for a short time - to me it's like the A/C kicks on automatically. None of the indicator lights come on but this very cold air goes away to just normal cool air in 30 seconds or so.

2) i've only had mine for a month or so - twice i've had the A/C on for 15 mins plus and turned it off... after turning off for 15 mins it seems to smell bad (like feet). my wife is very sensitive to smells and says it's just normal after turning off the A/C but IMO it's not because the smell gets worse after about 15 mins. anyone else experience this?
You should swing by the dealer and have them take a look. The AC in my 2015 x35d stopped blowing cold a couple of months ago and turns out the main AC coolant line had a small leak in the coupling/crimp (rubber to metal) and had evacuated all the refrigerant. They replaced the line, charged and pressure checked the system and it blows (relatively) cold again. As many of you have stated in this thread, the HVAC system is terrible and might be the worst of any car I've owned. And for a luxury auto that's unacceptable. I love just about everything else about the X5 but this might be it's weakest link.
Appreciate 0