barcelona
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: X

Quote:
Originally Posted by bim_power View Post
Thanks for the insight MysticBlue...

The spare is not an expensive option and it will offer a peace of mind, we will include it in our build. With the space saver spare, the interior linings for the wheel well is eliminated right?

I can also attest how the tire shop and motor club assistance can cause more headaches than its worth. In the same E53, the wife used the motor club for tire changing assistance, instead of towing. If we did not have the spare, the motor club would have to tow.. Anyhow, when she drove to a tire center, the shop broke a lug. Apparently the motor club mechanic overtightened the wheel and had stripped it. The deflated tire rim also have markings from the mechanic placing the rim face down on the ground. For this reason, I did not want a spare in the car so someone else could monkey with it... but for a peace of mind, having a spare is the right choice.
Some kind person posted a pic of the ss/spare was not lined. Smart to get spare, gives you much more flexibility. I am surprised how many pass this option.
Appreciate 0