View Single Post
      02-26-2024, 09:24 AM   #5
Mandinca
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 E88 and 2016 F85

Thanks. I have a couple of further questions.

Obviously from a budget perspective lowering springs would be the way to go, however, I have seen some others post that the handling is dogshit when using them. I also see others saying they have had no issues.

I have absolutely no interest in tracking the car.

So....

1) If I go with either the springs or the coilovers how does that affect the M mode button programming I have done for stiffer suspension ? Comfort/Sport etc.
Does the suspension just become one mode ?
I like the soft setting for everyday driving but also get confidence from the stiffest setting when...."driving spiritedly"

2) If I go with just the springs I will need the adjustable links for the rears to self level using the bags, correct ?

3) If I go with coilovers, do I need to do anything with the bags ?

4) I saw someone added BC coilovers. I watched a few you tubes last night and a couple of other brands were mentioned a few times. Tien and Fortune Auto.
Any thoughts on those ?

Like I said in the OP, I am a noob to coilovers so anything you can think of that will be of use to me, I would appreciate it. I am just looking to retain the handling, preferably in the stiffest mode if I can't have both the soft and the stiff, while lowering the overall ride height. Not to slam it but to significantly lower the tire gap without ripping the oil pan off. ;-)

Thanks !