Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Mineral White M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha
Quote:
Originally Posted by skalberti View Post
@opasha I've always thought that maybe BMW put 1 or 2 codes elsewhere in another ECU that was the final piece to the puzzle. I've thought about VO coding all the ECU's except the DME, but didn't have the guts to do it
Well for the record, I've VO Coded my whole ECU before by mistake in the beginning last year and the only issue that came up was a CEL that was later cleared via ESYS (I know the CEL came from DME only and nothing else - this was also when I had the improper install of the RaceChip from my mechanic). Trojanlaw said he is happy to test this stuff again with me tonight. There are codes that turn off the high beam at certain speeds. So for the issue with auto high beam assist not coming on until 25mph - I will look for it to see if it can be lowered. The testing parameters behind the anti-glare are really annoying because of having to go "55mph or above" to see it work supposedly. That doesn't make sense to me, and I need to find that parameter. As you said, BMW likes to now throw a lot of random stuff all over the place (Easter Egg Coding) to make coding more tedious/difficult.
My HBA starts at 40 mph on both of my cars. It's set that way from the factory. How is yours set at 55 mph? Also there needs to be little ambient light to test. It was designed for use outside the city.