View Single Post
      12-02-2016, 04:38 PM   #3482
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
I had that happen on my brand new X5M on one wheel. All 5 lugs were on so tight even air tools couldn't get it off. I ended up taking it to a shop and they had to drill that lug out. Lucky they didn't damage anything.

Never figured out why it was like that for only one wheel. My car was freshly built from the factory and picked up by me right away. I didn't see a reason why the dealer would of had to removed the wheel. If its not the dealer then it was over tighten at the factory.
I'm going through the same thing Alan. I am the second owner of this X5, and in speaking with the first owner today, he tells me all work was done (including wheels/tires) at the BMW dealership where he bought it from. I called them this afternoon, and they tell me they only replaced the front tires (which makes sense, they have the most thread) but never touched the rear ones.

Most lugs were on there quite tight, but they were eventually able to remove them all. It's only ONE of them on the rear driver side that is refusing to budge, even with the highest powered air tools they have.

I will have no other choice but having it be drilled out either, which is what they will do on Monday. I just don't like that I'll likely have to pay for this, even though it's not my fault. But such is life I suppose.
Appreciate 0