View Single Post
      11-09-2018, 06:45 PM   #16
onfireX5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F90M5,F85X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotzy View Post
More specifically, fast Firehawk! I have one, but have been very hesitant to mod it as it's a fairly low production vehicle and I'd rather not decimate it's value.

onfireX5: Is that still the original LS1 and what have you done to it to make it strong enough for that much HP!?
I ordered it new in 99 to make it an engineering project. Stripped everything out of it mechanically, engine, trans,diff, all suspension, all fuel lines, all brake lines and all brake components, etc, etc and rebuilt it myself with all aftermarket and some custom built products. Engine is an RHS aluminum block built by my buddy (Kurt Urban) all forged stuff. I put everything back together and installed and tuned a Haltech Elite DME with traction control, height sensors for wheelie control, etc, etc. Car is DOT Street Legal for the class I race in. Have to make a 30 mile cruise and come back to the lanes with zero down time and make 3 passes without stopping. A lot of thermo learning and tech to pull that off ! Took a while, but it's been a fun project. Especially the tech learned from tuning and turbo selection (eight different turbos have been on the car for experimentation).
Appreciate 0