Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 24 M4 Comp RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxjoc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine300zhp View Post
Exactly why I passed on the 5.0. I had an x5m before my x6 3.5 and my next car will be an x6m. The 5.0 is a waste because it costs almost as much as the M without any of the performance upgrades that come with the M.
No doubt the X5M has wonderful performance upgrades, but you pay for those upgrades. I stuck with the 50i. All the power I will really ever need and then some (but, fair warning, I frequently use eco pro mode just to see how high I can get the mileage - 20.5 mpg this morning on the way to work). Plus, you can't get the ACC stop and go or ceramic controls in the X5M. Those two items I just can't do without. I use the ACC every day and I love the feel and look of the ceramic controls. My X5 has 28,000 miles on it and no problems with the engine. The only problem was a leaking seal on the active steering (probably why BMW discontinued that option) which was repaired under warranty. I have DHP and will never have a car without it now. Makes the X5 feel like a rock. Love it.
I understand your logic. I vastly prefer M cars versus the non-M brethren and, to me, they are worth the price bump. However, the v8 x5/x6 are nice. I opted for a 3.5 x6 this time around because the v8 price was, in my personal opinion, too close to my desired build x6m. A 15k price savings, to me, is not enough to get me to pass on the the M.
iconoclast7265.50