Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 24 M4 Comp RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by iconoclast View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
surprise surprise, CPO and dealer lot cars are getting the airbag fixes earlier than customer cars. So if you buy from a BMW dealer, you'll get one with the fix.
Ha, that is comical. A short while back the Dealers were furious that big brother at HQ but a stop-sale on the effected vehicles. A dealer I know was taking them in from a local BMW dealer just so they could get them off their lots. A really nice one tempted me to get back into an E70 X5M. 2013 Original Owner, every single option white/black. 12k miles. Unfortunately warranty was expiring and that is not a car I would own out of warranty based on my experience on it while it was "new" and still under warranty.
I think you made a wise choice. A while back cmyx6go and I were talking about how she misses her E71 x6m and that it was a more fun and engaging car than her current x6m. She also misses the seats from the E71 and feels that the current multi-contour seat is big step down from the old ones (my wife has the exact same complaint). Basically, she was sorry she did not buy the E71 at the end of the lease. However, she did agree that the questionable reliability of that chassis made it a good move to dump it and move on. That is exactly what I did even though I did love my E70 x5m.
iconoclast7265.50