View Single Post
      02-19-2017, 09:30 AM   #61
mermar
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 330e xdrive

Picked up my new (to me) x5 50i yesterday. 300 mile drive home. Wow - can this machine cruise.
Speed is now just a number in the windshield- meaning I effortlessly accelerated from 82-102 - and there is absolutely no drama. No wind noise, nothing ... I do need to get used to lag though - push the throttle wait a second and then hold on.
Also- ACC is pretty amazing. I wish the follow distance in the 'closest' setting was calibrated to follow a little closer - but not a big deal. I'll need to figure out how to use it in stop and go traffic jam.
HUD is brilliant with ACC. There are a few situations where you need to help ACC think - but for its intended purpose it is flawless.
Several things I need to figure out - (is not displaying text messages), etc.
lastly, B& O system is very good but not great. Was hoping for the 'warm' sound that some high end home systems provide. Could be a car environment does not allow for that. Imaging is the best I've heard. But at volume it does get a little tiring after a while.
Headlight w auto high beam will be a huge safety enhancement for me (always on dark two lanes).
Night vision is cool but would not order it - will be great in certain situations but that may be 1-2
Times a month. The image is 4:3 vs the widescreen display - not sure why they don't use the whole display.
Will be spendling a lot of time reviewing the "what I learned about my x5" forum.
Appreciate 1
iconoclast7265.50