View Single Post
      02-19-2017, 11:33 AM   #65
lowlevelhell
Herr Oberst
Rep
Drives: '15 F15, '16 G12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermar View Post
Picked up my new (to me) x5 50i yesterday. 300 mile drive home. Wow - can this machine cruise.
Speed is now just a number in the windshield- meaning I effortlessly accelerated from 82-102 - and there is absolutely no drama. No wind noise, nothing ... I do need to get used to lag though - push the throttle wait a second and then hold on.
Also- ACC is pretty amazing. I wish the follow distance in the 'closest' setting was calibrated to follow a little closer - but not a big deal. I'll need to figure out how to use it in stop and go traffic jam.
HUD is brilliant with ACC. There are a few situations where you need to help ACC think - but for its intended purpose it is flawless.
Several things I need to figure out - (is not displaying text messages), etc.
lastly, B& O system is very good but not great. Was hoping for the 'warm' sound that some high end home systems provide. Could be a car environment does not allow for that. Imaging is the best I've heard. But at volume it does get a little tiring after a while.
Headlight w auto high beam will be a huge safety enhancement for me (always on dark two lanes).
Night vision is cool but would not order it - will be great in certain situations but that may be 1-2
Times a month. The image is 4:3 vs the widescreen display - not sure why they don't use the whole display.
Will be spendling a lot of time reviewing the "what I learned about my x5" forum.
It's easy. When you're stopped, set it and it will hold the vehicle stationary. You can take your foot off the brake. When it's clear to go, the "follow distance" lines on your dash will flash in sequence, from bottom to top. A light tap of the gas and you're off. It'll stop you fully when traffic does, or vary your speed as traffic moves.
Appreciate 0