View Single Post
      08-10-2017, 02:54 PM   #49
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynguldyn View Post
Yes, M35i. But it won't be available at launch, more likely the following model year.
I didn't realize it wasn't coming at launch. That's a real downer. Amazing how BMW has dragged their feet with a 300hp+ four cylinder engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamb1t View Post
I'm pretty sure Mitsu would not deploy Haldex for their top line EVO AWD drivetrain. If anything it would be some sort of Torsen diffs on steroids.
Right, they didn't - that's my point. A transverse engine does not necessitate Haldex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
VW/Audi has exclusive rights to the latest Haldex that sends (a very small) amount of power back at all times. MB has the two generation old version in the A/CLA/GLA45 cars, which is part of why they get poor reviews.

BMW can't put a mechanical LSD in a 340i or an M550i, they're not going to splurge and start throwing them in their gussied up Minis.
Point is, it can be done. The bigger problem seems to be that BMW hasn't even brought a 300hp I4 to market yet, so who knows when they would have one with 400hp+ ready. That is the price of entry for this class now - Mercedes recently stated their intentions to deliver that much in their next generation of *45 AMG vehicles, upping the game from Audi's latest I5 turbo.
Appreciate 0