View Single Post
      01-08-2014, 10:29 AM   #111
BMWMN1971
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 xDrive35i MSport

This is called "customer segmentation" which is very common in all big companies. They place customers in different categories and treat them differently depending on how valuable they are for the company (meaning how much money they bring to BMW). In the case above where BMW decided to replace the car it is clear they have him as a high value customer. Not many people fork $100k to buy a non M X5. I don't know his past history with BMW or this dealer specifically but I would assume he has brought lots of money to them. Thus, he deserves this treatment. In my case I merely lease a no more than $70k X5 every 3 years so while still a good customer I am by no means a VIP one. Thus, when I complained to BMW about the crappy instrument cluster they put in my brand new X5 just because I did not add HUD (I had no clue I would get a POS cluster without HUD) they could not care less. And the dealer also ignored me. Now is up to me to make a move to another brand or to keep the current status I have in their segmentation. If I leave, they won't miss me for sure. That is how business work in big corporations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The J-Man View Post
Glad this worked out for you!

My BMW dealer crashed my E70 last month while it was in for an oil change. They had my car for 3 weeks while replacing the bumper and fender. Put me into an X1 loaner.

I asked them to buy the car back and they told me to go **** myself.

Called BMWNA and they told me to go **** myself. It's my second BMW, and my last.

Consider yourself a VIP customer, or just plain lucky to receive that kind of service from BMW.
Appreciate 0