10-27-2015, 02:38 AM   #1
elisiX
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: '20 X3M Competition

elisiX's Sapphire Black/Mocha Nappa F15 X5 m50d

Hi all,

New to the forum and to BMW ownership. I've spent a little time reading the incredible amount of information on bimmerpost, though I have quite a lot to go before I consider myself an expert. I have however spent a number of years with various Audi's and felt like making the switch for something different.

Being a 33yo with a wife and 14 month old, buying my dream M3 was within reach from a budget perspective, however it was practically not the best choice so I had to reconsider my options. I realised this when at the dealership my wife had to change our little boy, and she very easily popped the back of our Audi open to get down to business. Something which I can't imagine would have been so simple in the backseat of an M3.

We're moving out of an incredible 2014 Audi SQ5 (3.0TDI, not Petrol) and into a 2015 BMW X5 m50d. I've landed myself an amazing deal on car which is new and in stock which is highly optioned. I passed on a similarly loaded 50i which I really enjoyed test driving. Luxury cars in Australia tend to be heavily optioned from the factory so the list below takes it to a car which has the vast majority of available options fitted.

Black Sapphire Metallic
Mocha Nappa Leather
American Oak Trim

Options
  • M Sport Package
  • Multifunction Instrument Display
  • Panorama Glass Sunroof
  • Active Seat Ventilation
  • Comfort Seats
  • Roller Sun-blinds
  • Lane Change Warning
  • Tyre Pressure Monitor
  • ConnectedDrive Freedom w/ Internet

Initial planned mods include blackout grill for a stealth look and wheels / brake upgrade once I do some research.

Pictures to come and lots of questions which I will slowly add to this thread.

Thanks,
Jay

Last edited by elisiX; 11-13-2015 at 08:42 AM..
Appreciate 1