Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 msport active steer

Garage List
2015 F15  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaw View Post
OK. soooo as much as I liked the Dakota Mocha, something tells me I need to look for the Nappa because at least I get the comfort seat with the color that I want...
I've asked my dealership to give me a complete price for the upgrade...
I sat in all 3 seats during pcd. First of all you can get the mocha dakota on sport seats. Also, you are wrong about the msport steering wheel imo. The upgraded leather, thickness, nicer buttons really are very nice. The feel of that wheel is so much more substantial that the standard or sport wheel vs msport imo.

Standard seats are a vast improvement from previous model. I am 5-7 and felt lost in the standard seats w/o the bolsters and the padding wasnt so great. New seats have better cushion and a little more shape to them. I was pleasantly surprised. I actually though they were mc at first.

Sport seats give you a tighter feel but not to tight like you might get on a 3 series sport seat. I really am happy w these seats. My friend who did pcd w me is 6-0 and built big. He loved the seats as well and neither of us had any issues on our 9 hr drive back from pcd.

Mc seats are very nice. A little more padding, a little less form fit than sport seats. The two biggest items on mcs is the ability to alter the side bolsters and to adjust the extra angle of the seat back. I personally didnt find these to be must haves. Imo the other adjustments are bs. You rarely change the leg extender or head rest so i ddint need them electric, manual was fine. I also dont need sirplane wrap around while im driving.

I origonally had xline w mcs. I swapped last minute to msport w sport seats and couldnt be happier. The extras you get for same price are worth it(msport wheel, sport+ is so much better than sport, nicer body molding, cooler tailpipes, option of carbon black paint). I dont regret not having mcs at all. To me the only thing mcs had which i wanted was ventilated seats as an extra upgrade. However reviews on this site and my dealer both say bmw ventilated seats really arent thst good vs other manufacturers.
Appreciate 0