View Single Post
      10-10-2017, 06:28 PM   #6
expidia
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuSh View Post
They will stay no problem. The only thing is I had similar ones before and it's often very hard to focus and see something in them clearly. Maybe my eyes are not as sharp anymore, but sometimes it's not easy to catch correct spot during busy traffic when you only have a second to glance over to the mirrors

Alternative solution is BMW OEM wide angle version mirror for our x5. You just pop old one out and pop new one in (heated and with all bells and whistles). It just gives you a wider angle view and is very easy to use - I have one for driver side only and it saved me couple times already when changing lanes

Like this one (just for demonstration purpose - please don't buy from seller without checking everything as some of them sell non-oem ones): https://www.ebay.com/p/BMW-X5-Series...d=253068716851
Thx. I had read that thread earlier. Nice the way they just pop out so easily.
It's not the cost as much as the ease of slapping a little round mirror on. I figure I'll give these 2 inch mirrors a shot first for $10.99 for the pair. I don't need to focus that close I'm thinking as I just want to be aware of a fast moving object that comes up on my blind spot.
DuSh2113.50