Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 40i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by skalberti
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1230vani
Sorry to open up a new thread but have little time to get feedback. I will get SW tnight overnight actually. That is how they do it here. My question is could i ask the to code something harmless such as m performance welcome screen or smthg of that sort. Can they at the service do smthg more easily or it has to be someone very skilled to do smthg? They kind of owe me a favor bcs theyve been stalling this SW update for a long time. Thanks a lot for your feedback. Cheers
The dealership cannot code your car, even if they wanted to. The software they give the dealerships is minimal. It allows them to flash factory items on specific cars. If I added the trailer hitch to my car, the dealership would just reprogram my whole entire car, where as I can go in and modify a few select things and leave everything else alone. Coding isn't frowned upon by the dealerships I've been to. I've coded some of their personal cars and they've even sent their customers to me to get stuff coded. I sat down with my mechanic and showed him all that I could see and change with E-SYS. He was amazed and said he can't even do that. In the end, I'd just learn how to do it yourself. Then you get the satisfaction of doing it yourself and you save the headache of relying on someone else to do it for you
Thanks a lot for the awesome input. Have a euro car and most things are as i would want them to, just thought if they would add smthg extra as i have been waiting for this update for a long time. Investing couple of hundred euros in a cable im just going to use for super small things is not worth it for me. They were very nice as i got an m3 loaner, so got the extra i wanted. Thanks again for the useful write up.
Appreciate 0