View Single Post
      10-16-2014, 01:42 PM   #32
milkyway
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 35d 15/X2 28i 18/MC Conv 06

Question Invisihitch related coding

Skalberti and other coding gurus, have you coded any following hitch-related items suggested by Invisihich's programing checking list in the package?

1. Park Distance Control (PDC): Disabled when a trailer is electrically connected.
2. Stability Control:Utilized anti-lock brakes to dampen trailer sway in unsafe conditions.
3. Rear camera zoom: Enable selectable feature to zoom in on trailer hitch location
4. Rear Hatch: Disabled when trailer connection (electrical) is detected 5.Trailer Light Notification of failure (bulb out) on trailer

As Skalberti and I tested after installation, items 1 and 5, are already there without coding. My tests with item 4 is that with harness/trailer connected, tailgate can still open with either driver door button or key fob, but can only close completely with tailgate button. No idea how to test item 2 and 3. From Skalberti's OP, it seems that item 3 need coding. I also tested with hitch bike rack (obviously it doesn't need trailer harness connected), as expected PDC beeps crazily when you back the car up. The solution is to plug a tester as Skalverti used to shut the PDC beeping off.

Thinking about to get E-SYS and PSdZData to at least pull/see those items' current values first before attempting to any coding. So, anybody has cheat sheet for coding values for them? I saw some cheating sheet (from r33?), but it seems not include any above items for active hitch.

TIA
Appreciate 0