Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Mineral White M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkyway
Quote:
Originally Posted by skalberti View Post
1 & 4 are enabled with the active harness. 2 is enabled by the active harness if you have the adaptive M suspension or the DHP suspension. #3 is easily coded with E-SYS. I think the code for the camera zoom is in BDC_BODY. I can let you know for sure in a week or so.
So #2, stability control, is enabled with the active harness, too although my 35d doesnt have adaptive M sport or DHP suspension.

Sorry my previous post didnt format well. #4, rear hatch disabled and #5, trailer light notification of failure not on separated lines.

I think you mean # 1 and #5 are enabled with active harness, too. The only items left in question are #3, read camera zoon enabled, and #4, rear hatch disabled.

For #3, well know for sure how it works when you code it and share with us in a week or so.

For #4, Im not quite sure what it actually means. Doesnt it mean that the coding causes the tailgate not opened nor closed at all unless the active harness is disconnected (thats just not smart because there still enough space for tailgate to open/close even with trailer/rv/boat hooked) ? Or, is the coding not needed, either, as my test: still can open, but can only close by press the close button on tailgate (not perfect but I can live with that)?
I think it makes sense to have an option from iDrive to disable and enable tailgate at discretion of driver unless the car itself is smart enough to figure out if the tailgate can open or close. For examples, you dont want tailgate opened/closed when it can hit a close object, like hitch bike rack.
If your car doesn't have DHP or adaptive M the harness will have no effect on the suspension.