View Single Post
      09-22-2015, 09:25 AM   #95
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

The idea about these new paint sealants is that they act like a permanent coating on top of your paint. Once its on it locks in the condition of the paint below it so you would want the paint surface as perfect as possible. Swirl free, contaminant free, basically flawless.

For me a fresh/new car from the dealership is close enough to perfect for me so all i do is wash my car with dishwashing soap then wipe it down with IPA alcohol before I start applying the Optigloss.

For others even a new car needs some sort of paint correction to buff out any swirls or scratches before they want the coating applied. It all depends on how anal you are with your paint condition, where your car is parked etc. My car sits outside 24/7 in a dedicated parking spot so I've come to accept that my paint won't be 100% flawless all the time. I am ok with that and given that its white its also much harder to notice any flaws. If i had a black car then thats a totally different story.

If you know how to wax a car then you can DIY Optigloss. Its kinda like wiping on WD40 on the surface of your paint but this stuff flashes away on its own. If you want to apply this i would highly suggest you spend some time on youtube and look up DIY videos on how to do it properly. Tons of videos out there you just need to look for it.

Alan