View Single Post
      07-29-2017, 12:01 PM   #3
DuSh
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackerjack15 View Post
Sweet!! I've been debating this. I also have a 2017 mustang gt that I procharged. It's currently low 600's at the wheels. It would be awesome if the x5 had even more power. Lol. I do think it's already plenty fast for an suv. Did they mention anything about being able to return to stock? Detectable, etc? I would assume it is detectable if you had to take it in for service. Why are there no remote tuners for bmw's? I do remote tuning with my mustang. Data log all sensors and send logs to tuner, they send back updated tune and I flash it to the cars computer. We can change tons of stuff. Only takes me 3 minutes.
Yes, there's an option to return to stock (and back to tune again), but they will need your DME to be shipped to them (I was surprised there's actually 2 DMEs - one for each side of V8). It's detectable if BMW will look for it on purpose, but as Bob explained to me - they don't check it unless there's rev.limiter removed or top speed limiter removed - then it's a red flag for them and they will check flash in that case (so I kept my rev/limiters an top speed intact since my x5 is CPO for 3 more years. After that I'll go with stage 2 haha

BTW he also unlocked it for bootmod3 - I'm not looking into that yet, as the car is already dangerously fast, but options are there

I'm not sure about remote coding, but I know they can do it for e90 as I inquired before with them (they send you a flashing device and you can flash different tunes yourself), but I'm not sure about f15 procedure (we'll need to ask BPC to clarify)

P.S. For the first time I feel like car is so fast that I can now calm down and finally focus on everything else like suspension, cosmetics etc - it's that feeling when you don't even bother with most of fast cars on the road as you know you will walk them easily (in a sense saves me from trouble with police haha)
Appreciate 1