View Single Post
      07-30-2017, 09:08 AM   #5
DuSh
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackerjack15 View Post
Awesome. Thanks for the info. I wasn't aware of bootmod3. I don't have any mods on the x5, besides general coding. But, this is very interesting. Basically what I've been doing with my mustang all along and now it looks like you can easily program the bmw too. Hmmm. So if you do purchase the bootmod system, the question becomes finding a tuner who has the experience when it comes to street or dyno tuning for changes you make. I assume that bpc, worked with a certain vehicle optimising their "bench" tune. Did they use an x5 or is the programming the same as any n63tu in other bmw vehicles?
From what I know they had several x5 to work on and test their tune before mine. Even on mine they don't just flashed it, they test drove it at least 3 times - I was there almost 4-5 hours. Bob wanted to make sure everything was top notch. In addition they had a lot more other vehicles that have same engine n63TU tuned

What I like is that on x5 (could be true for other newer BMW cars too) you can basically have at least 2 completely different BEASTS in one! What I mean is that Bob asked me about my preferences and I chose to have a tamed beast in ECO Pro and Normal modes - transmission torque limiters are intact and some other things, but in Sport and Sport+ mode I chose to have torque limiters adjusted to the max performance - and you can feel the difference - it basically has NO lags during start from the dig or when gear changing. I was a 3 series owner before and BPC is a big name in e90 community (probably the best currently), they don't just change timing or trick ECU/DME providing false values like piggy back tunes - they adjust a lot of parameters including automatic transmission ones, boost, fuel & timing maps, Valvetronic Maps and so on. Nothing beats a good benchflash tune - this is so cool for me, I still can't get used to this insane power

I will try to ask Bob from BPC to comment on this thread as I know 0.1% of what he knows about it

P.S. The only thing I suspect is that power harnessed from e63TU engine feels a lot more than it should. I know it's not scientific, but what my x5 was capable to do on highway like accelerate insanely from 80mph to 120mph is just amazing. I'm going to try 91 with octane booster and will give report back. The reason is that a lot of states have only 91 gas (including me at times) and it would be good to know how good car behaves on lesser octane fuel too

Last edited by DuSh; 07-30-2017 at 09:25 AM..
Appreciate 0