View Single Post
      11-18-2017, 11:20 PM   #6
DuSh
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnx5er View Post
Bad news. Pirelli runflats are not repairable. That is Pirelli’s policy, you can search it on the web. Had the same thing happen and Discount refused to repair it due to the policy. Other runflat brands can be repaired. I forget which others cannot.

You may get lucky and find someone who will fix it. Pirelli does have a replacement policy for this situation and depending on your miles on the tires they may replace it. Again, see their website.
I previously thought that a screw in a tire can be repaired if it's in the thread portion of tire - no matter run flat or not. If it's in a sidewall - then it can't be repaired no matter run flat or regular tire. Basically I thought it doesn't matter RFT or not - what mattered was a location of a puncture (and it's size).
However, what you are saying is that Pirelli RFT can't be repaired even if screw is in the thread? I understand it may be some weird Pirelli policy, but I doubt Pirelli RFTs are made any different than any other RFT brand. I mean this is not a rocket science - it's just a reinforced metal mesh sidewall. I highly doubt Pirelli has some extraterrestrial tire tech lol

Last edited by DuSh; 11-18-2017 at 11:28 PM..
Appreciate 0