DR1er
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 640i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmPower View Post
I am glad I ran into you on this forum. I am at a crossroads... really like the new X5; but the Cayenne is the pinnacle of SUV-dom. Factoring money out of the equation; which do you prefer, Cayenne/ the X5? (kind of a loaded question since the F15 is not out yet, but lets talk F70 for a fairer comparison)
Not trying to be too ambiguous, but I would say it really depends on what you enjoy the most in a vehicle. Putting aside the fact that these two vehicles are the only real options for me when I think about an SUV (I'm willing to test drive the Range Rover Sport when it comes out in a couple months), The Cayenne drives absolutely flawless, you feel like you are driving a much smaller car; the cabin is truly premium, the materials, the finish... not a single quality flaw and it's very comfortable.

The E70 X5 feels (and in fact is) a lot heavier, but it also drives excellent (mine incl adaptive drive), you get more the feel of a bigger vehicle but you also have more interior room, specially in the second row and the trunk. I personally enjoy the hi tech stuff, even if some are a little too much , and that's something I love about the X5: cameras everywhere, heads-up display, a huge screen, you can control and send some stuff from your phone, just to mention a few. So because of that and assuming that the F15 drives similar to the E70, I would take an X5 (of course loaded with all tech options available)

My recommendation: think about what you really value the most and even after you have that very clear, test drive them both and think about which of those two vehicles you are willing to live with for the next couple years.

Good luck!
Appreciate 0