06-28-2013, 11:56 AM   #9
EmPower
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 xdrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR1er View Post
Not trying to be too ambiguous, but I would say it really depends on what you enjoy the most in a vehicle. Putting aside the fact that these two vehicles are the only real options for me when I think about an SUV (I'm willing to test drive the Range Rover Sport when it comes out in a couple months), The Cayenne drives absolutely flawless, you feel like you are driving a much smaller car; the cabin is truly premium, the materials, the finish... not a single quality flaw and it's very comfortable.

The E70 X5 feels (and in fact is) a lot heavier, but it also drives excellent (mine incl adaptive drive), you get more the feel of a bigger vehicle but you also have more interior room, specially in the second row and the trunk. I personally enjoy the hi tech stuff, even if some are a little too much , and that's something I love about the X5: cameras everywhere, heads-up display, a huge screen, you can control and send some stuff from your phone, just to mention a few. So because of that and assuming that the F15 drives similar to the E70, I would take an X5 (of course loaded with all tech options available)

My recommendation: think about what you really value the most and even after you have that very clear, test drive them both and think about which of those two vehicles you are willing to live with for the next couple years.

Good luck!
That's what I am afraid of , both have pros and cons.

Two of my friends have Cayennes, one has an 09 S and another just picked up an S hybrid. As for quality, the 2nd gen Cayenne is light years ahead in terms of interior and quality. Unfortunately I have not driven the new one yet but have had considerable amount of seat time in the 09. I really like how it drives.

As for the X5, I have had some seat in the E70 48i. Loved the pick up and the ease to drive but you are right it does feel like a boat (compared to the Cayenne of course).

That being said, I notice you have a Cayenne Diesel. Does it feel 'slow' and what kind of mileage do you get? The reason I ask is that I am leaning towards the diesel myself.

Thanks again for your help!
19 Audi SQ5 (sold), 20 Audi S6 (sold),
22 Audi SQ5
Appreciate 0