10-05-2017, 01:49 AM   #7
charlietangobravo
Private First Class
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 M50d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kr0m3assass1n View Post
You?re correct, I was referring to the brake pads. Sorry I didn?t make that clear.

That?s an awful lot of money to spend on a car you?re about to sell. Did you consider some cheaper but just as good aftermarket options for pads and rotors?
I almost always prefer to keep everything original on my BMW´s. I will not see a return on this spend but it would have been a hassle to sell it like it is.
I´m selling it through a dealership (not BMW).
Also had to replace the windscreen because of a chip and that cost me $600, despite having glass insurance. No cheap screens on these cars.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc68 View Post
Isn't this covered by BMW? My MY2014 is. Currently at 26600 miles, idrive says I need rear pads in another 4500 miles. Just in time to get them replaced before the 4 year maintenance program is up.
No, I forget the english word right now but parts that get worn out like brake pads, discs, windscreen wipers etc are not covered by free service/maintenance programs, at least not here in Scandinavia. New cars are covered by 3 years of free service. Only includes filters and fluids generally.
Appreciate 0