View Single Post
      04-19-2017, 08:22 PM   #13
AustinTrkJunkie
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '22 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ_ View Post
They were really helpful. I received the replacement yesterday! It's a refurbished 5X, but it is basically new as far as I can tell.

It ran itself out of battery twice, and actually booted up 3 times. I cleared the cache one time, and factory reset it another time. When it finally started up after the reset, I was able to use it for a solid 20 minutes or so with no issues, but the first time I tried to restart it, it never came back.

One odd thing comparing the new one to a friends 5X, it feels like my replacement is slightly heavier than the old one. Maybe they put a small heatsink on the chip or something?
Yah, so my my *2nd* refurb RMA now. The 1st vibrated once in my pocket, pulled it out and it had the flashing red light in the speaker grill like my original when it bricked. Sent it back, got a new one two weeks, but now about half the time when it restarts it gives me a dead andriod on its back with a "error" message. I've been able to use the recovery shortcut on start up to get it back, but it's not boding well for this one's longevity.

To that end, I went and bought a LG G5 last week that was on sale since the G6 was coming out for $300 unlocked and have not looked back. The 5X is now for "the kids". Can't have a phone for work - where everything is two factor to log in - crashing like this. Lame, as I was such a Google enthusiast
Appreciate 0