Xorbitman
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X1

Front driver's door opened while driving on highway

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyde View Post
What I realized is that doors tend to pop (but remain latched) if you get in, close the door, drive a little bit, get out while car is running, and get back in and start driving, then the first sharp turn you make causes the door that was recently opened to pop open.
This has happened few times and I thought it was the soft close doors, now that you said even non-scd does this, it's not very promising.
While I was driving back home this afternoon, my driver's side door opened! The doors unlocked and the door was held in by the latch and the door open warning sounded on the dash with the dash icon. The road was veering towards the left when it happened. I was surprised and a bit in panic when it happened. I managed to grab the door handle and force it back shut and lock the doors again. This was a 2018 BMW X1 fully loaded. No soft close option...not available on the X1. I noticed that this been on the forums here but haven't found it on the X1 forums. I live in Montreal and the weather is cold and harsh in winter.
Appreciate 0