10-19-2016, 11:18 AM   #55
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3driv3r View Post
Hey guys sorry for the late reply. I just posted my 1/4 mile run on the Sydney thread.

The kit is relatively easy to install if you know what you are doing

There are 4 connections and 2 stray wires.

2 plugs for tmap under the intercoolers (any piggy back on the market uses these two plugs, it allows for 3psi over stock)

2 plugs for electronic wastegates and BCM (required for 20+ psi applications)

One ground for BCM, and one plug for OBD wedge for canbus.

Changing maps can not be done on the BC Button like every other jb4 but in time we'll figure that out. Boost on fuel gauge is live tested and working for me for months. I daily the car in map 2 (22psi) and yes have dyno'd the car. It is north of 800bhp but for the time being I won't post numbers as we're still playing with it.

Map 7 can be run with 100+ octane @ 25psi

Car is a rocket now, have videos against e55s, e63, gtrs. She holds her own. If anyone wants to pm me I'm more than happy to provide install instructions (without removing intercooler like needed for m5) as well as answer any questions. Been running it 3 months and 8000 miles so far so good!

Install for a new timer is roughly 2 hours. I can have it in or out in 30 minutes so once you do it once you'll realize the simplicity!
Great info--thanks.

My JB4+BCM is being installed as I type into my wife's X5M.

I have a few questions:
1 Did you have any issues specific to installing it that would be good for me to know?
2. Did you ever get the in-car control working (via the BC button I mean)?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0