08-29-2016, 05:10 PM   #4
spyderbret
M3 ZCP Rocks!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 ZCP\2018 X5 35i

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Sure, if I let the car sit and idle or drive it immediately the fans will come back up to speed after about 3 minutes. I know what you mean by the system not blowing hot or cold air for the first 30 seconds or so while the system is figuring stuff out. This is well beyond that normal operation. And it only does it when the ambient temperature is hot enough. For example, we were only in the 90's this weekend so we didn't have any issues. Same scenario (grab lunch, let the car sit), and when I go back to the car and turn it on everything works as normal. But the next few days will be in the 103-105 range so I expect it to happen once or twice. To me that's not acceptable for an $80k vehicle. There is no reason for me to expect to have to sit in a 130 degree car for 3 minutes while I wait for the AC system to figure itself out. I wont subject my wife or grandchildren to that on a regular basis and unfortunately in Las Vegas that's at least 5 months out of the year. If I cannot get this resolved by next summer I will be looking to get rid of the car and move to another brand. This would be very difficult for me because I am a big BMW fan and have had at least one in my garage for the last 10+ years. I even have a 1988 E30 M3 that I am getting ready to restore and I would hate for this experience to sour me on the brand.....
Appreciate 0