06-09-2017, 02:06 PM   #1
Dirty Cash
USAF Retired
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15.50i

Garage List
I Learned a Very Valuable Lesson Today

DON'T TAKE ON AN X5M UNLESS YOU HAVE PRACTICED USING LAUNCH CONTROL FIRST!!! Not that it would've mattered, I would've got spanked either way, just not by as many car lengths as I embarrassedly did!!!)

Ahem, so I left base early today (to beat the Airshow traffic) and ran across another X5 which happened to be a true X5M leaving base at the same time. Similar color, I believe he had the Donnington Grey colorway. So, I was intrigued and wanted to say hello to a fellow X5 driver and the stupid "kid" in me decided to issue a challenge for a race. Of course he accepted, I'm assuming because there aren't that many X5's rolling around here and it was a good time for him to prove why the M Badge should not be taken for granted (like slapping it on the exterior of any true non-M Bimmer!)

Long story short, I got smoked...twice. But it was all in good fun and I learned that I need to take some more time and get my LC technique down pat! So, if you were driving the DG X5M today (9 June 17) leaving SAFB and you distinctly remember seeing a SG X5 50i in your rear view mirror...LESSON LEARNED!!!

LOL!!!

Last edited by Dirty Cash; 06-09-2017 at 02:07 PM.. Reason: Added additional statement.
Appreciate 2