Dirty Cash
USAF Retired
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15.50i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowlevelhell View Post
It wasn't intended as a knock. I hope it didn't come off that way. I'm starting full time at a pretty great program this fall but even at my age (younger than both of you salty dogs) I would have a hard time justifying moving and pursuing it if GI Bill and YRP didn't make it basically free in comparison to full tuition.

If you're using it to complement an existing business you have a good chance at it being the best choice you ever made. It's harder if you're older and are looking to break into a new career.
I took it as a joke, hence the "mortician" comeback.

It's not all that hard, with the exception of all the writing that is involved. Most of the MBA program (from my POV) is simply a more in-depth rehash of undergraduate studies. I'm not looking to make a gain from obtaining my MBA, although it should give me more doors to open once finished, I'm doing it more as a personal goal.

I never thought I was smart enough to make it in College when I graduated HS, hence my Enlistment in the USAF. To be totally honest, I really don't think the young me would've had the patience of the old me to put the effort into my studies. Like you stated, the GI Bill takes a lot of the punch out of Undergrad and Grad studies.
Appreciate 0