View Single Post
      09-20-2017, 07:59 AM   #2
DuSh
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs11 View Post
What are some of the little things about your X5 that you were either pleasantly surprised with or mildly upset with.

Con's:
I find the navigation cumbersome to use and it often does not find what I want it to.
Must be the aerodynamics but the rear end is always filthy.
Rear door does not open high enough IMO.
A few times I have reengaged my cruise control accidentally because of where the buttons are.
Sunglasses do not fit in the holder.
Velcro holding floor mat doesn't work very well.

Pro's:
TPMS with each tire actual readout.
Drive - I knew it would be nice but I still smile when I get in this thing after 3 months, she drives like a dream.
Auto windshield wipers - never thought I'd use them as I'm fussy but they work exactly as if they were programmed for me.
Heated seats get hot fast - that's per my wife
I did't think the interior lighting was a big deal but I now think it's looks very nice at night - same with the lights in the door handles

Again, what were some of the smaller things you guys have found to like or dislike?
TPMS shows Temperature for each wheel as well (when coded). And that damn carpet velcro thing is torn on my driver mat - I need to fix it somehow

Cons:
1. most expensive car I owned so far ($83k when it was new) and cars depreciate fast - but we live only once eh?
2. Most of capable cars on the road won't race me - because they think it's a slow SUV
3. NAV sucks - not NAV itself, but how you have to input address and controls and such - I feel like a touch screen could have solved this issue easily
4. Fuel consumption - I have currently 14MPG in city, but I'm in Sport+ mode all the time and heavy foot

Pros:
1. It's comfy and still drives good (for a 5000lbs 7 seater)
2. It has it's own charisma, especially when you mod exterior a bit
3. The moment when Camaro SS or Mustang GT finally decides to teach you a lesson and then in 5 sec they realize what a mistake they made - it's priceless (I love those heartbroken faces)

IMHO every enthusiast should own a V8 damn fast car at least once in lifetime and this is my turn. I know that my next car will be either a boring hybrid or full electric pathetic POS. Era of monster V8 bi-turbo Bavarian engines are fading away slowly. We are basically living the last years left of it. Well at least I'll have something for the grand-kids to tell in 30 years
Appreciate 0