Thread: Body roll
View Single Post
      10-10-2022, 10:46 AM   #70
yupetc
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 X535i

Well, folks, it's time for an update.

So last month I took the car up the Colorado Mountains and spent a week up and down the Rocky MTN Nat'l Park. Just a blast to drive the X5 with such tightly knitted suspension setup. Both front and rear upgraded sway bars really contributed to a zero-body-roll situation for the car. And the H&R springs coupled with Bilstein B6 struts makes high speed driving extremely stable going from Texas to Colorado. Was able to do over 100mph without the car feeling like it's going to roll off the road or anything. So ideally, yes, this setup has been a dream, and if this can continue, I'd call it done; however, turns out, my wife has noticed the extra harshness and bumpiness when going over any road contours. Recently, she's been in her friend's X5, same car, but completely stock suspension and she came back and asked me to take off the springs for good. Apparently, she's fed up with how uncomfortable all the bump on the road feels handled by the H&R springs. So this past weekend, it came off.

Just finished putting the stock springs back, coupled with the Bilstein B6 and the Ultra Racing front and rear sway bars; did the alignment and the car's now back on the road. Car feels great at corners since the sway bars really do their jobs well; but now it feels like I'm riding on a sponge going through the road contours in a straight line just feels a whole lot more bouncier; we've sacrificed performance for some comfort. Major Bummers.
Appreciate 1
jmack1231302.00