View Single Post
      12-17-2013, 03:15 AM   #70
Nightcreature
Private First Class
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Wow, thanks for all the positive replies! Thread even got the first page, that's quite unexpected but of course really

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesrest View Post
Thanks for posting the spec- very nicely done!

Did you get the traffic jam assist with driver assistance plus package, or was it built just a little too early?
Thanks a lot!

Hm, I think I've the Driver Assistance Plus Package (S5ATA) with whatever other functions that came with it. Traffic Information (S6UHA) is also in the spec. I want to remember that we (the BMW salesguy and I) choose the biggest Assistance package anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by alistairg View Post
...any more info on where you got the replica rims from?
Wheels are replicas from Ebay (US). Search for 22" BMW and my guess is that you will find them amongs the top hits. Flush fit without spacers etc and 295/30/22 tires all around. Didn't really know if it would work when buying them because of all the info, or the not existing info maybe, about F15 vs E70 wheels and there were many claiming that it shouldn't work but it did. Big creds to the dealer that made it all possible with special delivery with the 22" and it was so much trouble with the wheels that I don't even wanna talk about it. These are Hakkapeliittas 5 winters anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlstyle View Post
Wow....this is drop dead gorgeous.
I was never fan of aluminum trim but this changed it all.
Just wow. So sexy yet elegant.
Thanks!

Black piano or CF are nice as well but for the diesel, M-Performance version family X5, aluminum trim is perfect together with the high gloss black trim and Ivory/black leather combo. This leather, and comfort seats, feels a whole lot better than before and the stiching of the seats are amazing compared to the E70. Finally there are "luxury" seats in BMWs as you also can see in the new M3/M4 but as sports seats

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M235i View Post
Now thats one badass high revving minivan, worthy of the ever so rare M badge.

Congrats!
Well, big thanks!

I like it too and for all those who doesn't please drive a M-Performance diesel or petrol model and compare it to the standard series model. Especially from the X-range because you will feel the difference in these big and heavy cars believe me, even compared to the 40d Engine this car behaves totally different

This is not the legendary M-badge tough, as the X5M has and will have. These cars should not be mixed together since they are completely different and aimed at different buyer groups and needs, probably groups that enjoys and shares these things together: Power, performance and joy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickRac View Post
Cool car...

That badge is RIDICULOUS
Thank you!

Haha, maybe it is. Maybe better IRL than photos?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSportDC View Post
This is absolutely stunning. Very good taste sir. It's been a while since I've looked at BMW pictures and literally said 'wow'. So far, the most perfect combination of sporty, classy and finesse in a BMW. Well done.
Wow, thank you very much!

I happy how it turned out. Took some time to finalize the spec and especially which leather to pick. Because I would have wanted to go with black nappa leather first, if there were any suchs. But now I'm happy it didn't because of the result of the Ivory interior and BSM exterior

BMW, probably the best car maker in the world!
Appreciate 0