View Single Post
      06-09-2017, 04:38 PM   #1
expidia
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 35i

Siri read my email/text

This worked for me last week while driving and iphone is connected by BT. I pressed the talk button on the steering wheel and said "siri read my email".

This week when I do the same siri says "sorry me (Im me) I can't do that while you are in the car.

A few days ago I had to bring it into the bmw dealer and they hooked up their computer which they diagnosed a faulty left front PDC (parking) sensor.

Several weeks ago after I installed the invisihitch okee from codemycar.com recoded some bonus features for me besides the one that zooms the camera onto the hitch ball.

So my question is before I call okee and ask him . . . everything he coded in key fob: opening trunk, side mirrors fold in when holding the bmw logo longer, no more welcome screen to turn off each time I get into car. All those features still work fine.

Is it possible when the bmw dealer connected the computer up the altered the coding and the ability to press the button on the wheel and ask siri to read my email that they may have changed the coding since it worked before I brought it in for the service.

Thx
Appreciate 0