View Single Post
      10-08-2023, 01:33 PM   #114
crystalworks
Captain
Rep
Drives: Many BMW's

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverikDS View Post
... I’m frustrated and can accept if it is a freak timing coincidence that this is happening at the same time as the recall but really wish that it wasn’t a weeks long issue to have no idea still. If you are able to get 2c2200 figured out please pass along what you did. From another post online I’ve found it says that they should check the changeover valve to see if it is functioning. I believe that was on an F10 but still worth mentioning probably. I would like to think that both my normal mechanic as well as the dealer would have taken 5 minutes to google this or known to check that but I figure I’ll pass that along to them now as well. Best of luck to both of us…
Just reporting in. The changeover valve did indeed fix the intermittent error code for coolant temp.

Best of luck with yours. Very disappointing that the dealers absolve themselves of this code immediately following the EGR recall. Mine did not come on in the parking lot as yours did... but in the next 2 days. Had I been in your shoes I might not have picked up the car until they came up with some sort of resolution. It went in without a CEL and I expect it back without one after recall work.
Appreciate 0