11-14-2017, 03:38 PM   #4
Montesquieu1748
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: ‘18 X5 M Azurite Black AB FML

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifly View Post
I would let the dealership look at it unless you possibly want an exploding sunroof. Mine was misaligned from the factory and exploded on its own at highway speeds a month ago and had to argue with BMW before they agreed to replace at their cost. I had sticking and stuttering but of course it never displayed this symptom at the dealership!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibiza View Post
Sorry to hear this, as I told you the the German spec X vehicles from BMW Manufacturering US are looked over at Plant Dingolfing prior to release to German customers. I have 2 upcoming visits to the US PC, including factory tours, and I feel sorry for who ever gives the factory tour to my group as I'm going to press them hard about the quality issues being report in Germany for US manufactured X vehicles.

Hope it all works out!

Thank you both. I will just be patient and wait until Monday. Hopefully the repairs do not damage my brand new X5 M in any way. Ibiza, thank you for questioning BMW when you do the tour. I imagine the tour guide will not be equipped to give you any quality answers. Unfortunately my experience seems to give evidence that you were absolutely right. I hoped my dealership would properly inspect my vehicle. They had the vehicle from the moment it was dropped of by a truck, until the day of delivery to me that was nearly 7 days, including weekend days.
Appreciate 0