View Single Post
      04-20-2016, 07:15 AM   #61
Ryngo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 F85 X5///M, DG

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcfay View Post
Thanks Ryngo - that's super helpful. I guess I better schedule the appt. The idea of the mating surfaces sliding around and putting stress on the lugs (if that is what is happening?) is disturbing. You already had the work done? It took a full day, I assume?

Thx again
Yea no problem buddy. I did have the work done. I don't know if I would be so disturbed. Apparently it's a relatively common thing and it's not just on our car but prone to occur on ///M cars. My service advisers non technical description was that two separate pieces were eeeeeever so slightly pinging against each other on cornering. I can ask for a brief written description of what the techs understanding is. If I hear it ever again I'll post it up here. For me though - the only time I ever hear it is after I've been driving aggressively on the back country roads. Don't know if that's because it's break heat related or hard cornering. Anyway - yea I guess it took a half a day. Repair kit was overnighted Monday into Tuesday. I got call at 1:00pm that my car was done.
Appreciate 1