View Single Post
      03-26-2015, 01:19 PM   #1
wedge000
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: N/A

Tire & Wheel insurance

I'm heading into the dealer to pick up my new X5 on Saturday. I opted for a no-line version with the 18" wheels. With my X3, I declined the tire & wheel insurance and would've basically broken even as I needed to replace 3 tires over a 2.5 year period at about $400 per tire.

I know there is some debate about the necessity of this insurance and I don't want to rehash that argument. My question is what is the right price to pay for this coverage from the dealer? I know it can be negotiated so I just want to go in knowing what price I want to pay, assuming that I end up getting it.

Anything else I should consider? The Pirelli OEMs have a one year road hazard warranty, right? Do any of the other OEM tires have this coverage? Out here in Philadelphia the roads are crap. Pretty sure one of the potholes that bubbled my tire on the X3 came about as close as you could get to cracking or bending the wheel. Certainly if that would've happened I would've been wishing I bought the insurance the first time.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0