View Single Post
      08-10-2014, 06:08 AM   #123
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatFlap View Post
It works in Eco-Pro mode only, one of the coding mods enables a new 'coasting mode' tick box on the Eco-Pro set up set up screen. There's also a new odometer on the Efficient Dynamics status screen that shows the distance coasted though this does not work with the coding done so far (indicates zero miles) - more research needed to get this working!

Here's a video showing the Efficient Dynamics status screen with the coasting mods done (sorry for the poor video quality, it was made whilst driving!):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fw0svq3a3j...2020.30.52.mp4

Once this mode is enabled and you select Eco-Pro driving mode the car will 'coast' when you're above 30mph and back off the throttle. It's clever enough (in the UK anyhow) to use sat-nav / speed limit data to know when coasting should be disabled to allow the engine to slow the car down i.e. it puts the car back in gear to facilitate engine braking!

I've seen several Eco-Pro 'driving tips' on the display telling me to back off the throttle since there's a lower speed limit ahead, in this case the sailing mode seems to be inhibited.

Coasting mode is disabled when cruise control is enabled.

This has certainly been one of my more interesting coding sessions!

You're more than welcome @opasha
Thank you very much for this informative post . I love hearing about tips and tricks from fellow members, especially when coding is involved. Because of these features, I'm so glad I learned how to code. It really makes things more convenient/fun/interesting. Looking forward to hearing anything new you find!