12-25-2015, 03:18 AM   #70
FilipMPower
Second Lieutenant
Serbia
Rep
Drives: Anything with a locking diff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatcat View Post
That's why I like it, the GLE got bigger interior space.

It is a big mean looking machine, with great sound, and the ride is not harsh like the X5/6Ms.

The Xs performs great on the track, but BMW sacrificed some comfort in order to achieve it.

That's why I said if I were in the market for one, it will be a tough choice between the two, they both have qualities that I like.
I can understand that the GLE has some good qualities, but exterior (and interior) design is IMO not one of them. Where I live, I see the same GLE every morning on the road. The front isnt that bad, but it looks a bit weird and stretched upwards. But the rear and rear quarter looks just . The rear tires are wider than the rear fenders and the rear tires have a considerable amount of camber. The rear is stretched tall like the front, but it looks a lot wierder with the rear tires. Worst of all, when the driver accelerates, the whole car squats immensely and then it just looks completely ridiculous, like a car from a cartoon. Complete design fail IMO, unacceptable from such a car company like Mercedes Benz.

EDIT: http://cdn2.autoexpress.co.uk/sites/...?itok=AptoV0tL

Here is a picture trying to detail my point. Here it actually looks good, but in the flesh its just a mess, I cant find a picture to express this. Can you see how wide and pushed apart the rear tires are, like on an M car, but because the rear isnt flared, the tires stick out from the side, making it just look bad IMO, eventhough the car looks good in the pictures.

Last edited by FilipMPower; 12-25-2015 at 03:26 AM..
Appreciate 0